2.18.2010

project linus

I don't know how many of you have heard of Project Linus, but it is a great organization. Most people wouldn't know about it unless they had been positively affected by it. When Cole was hospitalized as an infant, we were given a quilt from the Project Linus organization. I can't even tell you how much that meant to me. It's hard to be a parent watching your sick child be hooked up to machines and tested for different things. It is even harder feeling like it is your fault, like you could have somehow prevented it. Something as small as a blanket made by a stranger for your child can mean the world. I've decided to challenge myself to make several blankets for Project Linus this year. I know how much my heart warms when I see Cole's quilt, I'm hoping I can bring the same feelings to other parents and their kids. If you have the ability, I would like to challenge you to find your local chapter and make at least one blanket for them, if you don't have a local chapter, I'm sure that mine would be more than happy to receive your donation. :)

No comments: