1.15.2010

an excuse to buy more...

I went to the Brandi Carlile concert a couple days ago with Beth. It was such a good time. Brandi puts on an amazing concert, so much energy through the whole thing. Her opening act was very good. Her name is Katie Herzig and I think I may be a little bit in love with her. Her voice was awesome, and her songs were really good. I spent a good chunk of time listening to her stuff on youtube when I got home.

I'm going to have to take at least a little bit of a break from playing games on my DS and compy. They may be a lot of fun, but right now I need to work on some crochet projects. On top of that, my friend Brandi told me about the Ravelympics which is pretty much a challenge to concentrate on a project during the Winter Olympics and finish it during that time. I'm trying to decide on what I want to work on. I really want to make this dress in a much shorter version (think long, tunic-style, tank top), without the beads, and in a darker color (probably grey), but I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet. I know whatever I do, I want to make it a knitting project because that is going to be the biggest challenge. Anyhow, I'm on a pattern hunt. We will see what I come up with. I will probably put project updates on my other blog, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

Okay, it's time for me to go get to work. I need to get started on an ele and a giraffe for a friend's 3 year old!

No comments: