4.10.2009

what has been going on in the life of me...

Vagueness aside I am going to try and step outside of my self-doubt and give you a glimpse into what I have been up to in a professional and literary sense.

A while ago I mentioned my new job writing. Since I got my mini I have been faithfully writing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My book is coming along, and I am excited about it. Although I am still shy about the content I am starting to share it with friends to get opinions and also just to get used to the idea of people reading what I write.

On another note, my friend Rhett and I are writing a web comic. Along with admitting that I am actually going to be publishing something to the internet, I also must admit that I am writing a comic. My inner nerd has been coming out of the closet recently and so this is easier to admit than it would have been at one time, but I still feel a little bit strange about telling this to the world (or at least to those of you that read this). Our website is live right now, but we will not be posting our first comic until June first. We have been working on the strip for a few weeks now, and it is really coming along. I am quite proud of it and am actually excited for all of you who wish to read it to have the opportunity. Hopefully June comes quickly! If you are curious and want to see our killer logo you can go to www.bus-stopcomic.com. The logo is all that is there at the moment, but we will slowly be building character bios and personal bios and making a layout and so on. If you want to keep up on such things, or just get a reminder when when publish our first strip, I am also going to be making our Facebook page and Twitter feed live in the near future; send me a message on here and I will invite/follow you on one or both! (It feels strange to want to publicize something that I am working on.)

On the note of publicizing I want to thank those of you that follow my blog for reading! I am coming to grips with the fact that I actually have a readership and I am going to try my hardest to continue blogging. I won't lie, this blog will probably continue to be mostly about my life and feelings, but I do have another blog where I write and let my silly self out. That blog might have a serious post at times but, for the most part, it is pretty light and hopefully at least a little entertaining. Here is the web address: http://semi-crazyblondegirlstrikesagain.blogspot.com. You may visit and follow if you wish.

Again, thank you all for reading what I write. My anxiety levels may be high right now, but I think, for the most part, it is worth it. Here I am stretching myself and taking a dive into the deep end of the pool. Thanks for the support that you all have shown me! It really does help.

No comments: