12.10.2008

plot, pause, plot, pause...

Plot: She seems to be stuck. I'm not sure what happened, but her story is currently at an impasse. No matter which way she turns, there is only one end. Unfortunately I am nowhere close to wanting to end her story and the end in sight is not what I had in mind for her. Not only that, but said end does not fit well with the rest of who or what she is. Drat. Blast!

Pause: Jenna went down for a nap today without a fuss. She said, "Jenna nap now please." Then she got up grabbed Lumpy and Braffe and walked herself into her bedroom where she said, "Mommy, Jenna bed now. Blankets please. Night. Bye!" Not only is this an impressively long progression of words from my not quite two year old daughter, but she went willingly into bed! No fit, no screaming, no mommy guilt. What a great day!

Plot: What happens when you get caught in a lie? Not a little lie, but a huge, terrible, awful lie. Do you suffer consequences? Or do you just get away with it? What happens to someone who comes from an intensely moral place and ends up somewhere entirely different? Do they feel guilt? Does life within the plot mimic life without? If that is the case, everyone gets away with everything without any sort of repercussions. Of course she lives outside of the normal realm, but what about those around her? Life gets complicated when you are trying to keep two separate realities from colliding. At least for me. Maybe for her? Maybe life imitates art more than art imitates life. Drat. Blast! A pox on fictional obsessions...

Pause: Cole makes me laugh. Today he spit up everywhere. He started to laugh, but then his hand landed in the mess. His eyes got wide and he started to scream. Yes, scream! You would have thought that someone had pinched him. I cleaned him up, and he went back to cooing and giggling. He must be my kid after all.

2 comments:

Krista Rose said...

LOL, you're kids are too funny.

Shua said...

Well, When I get "cot in a lie", I usually am sleeping in a sheep herder's tent in the middle of the Rockies. All is well until I realize that the "cot" is really a DRAGON! "Ahhh..." I scream all the way to the ground as the dragon flings his wing (my cot) into the air as he takes flight in terror. Wait! He is really more terrified of me than I am of him! Shortly after I've chased him around the sage filled hills, I realize that I've left my computer plugged into the electric tree stump in camp and can't find my way back. After days of living off of wild rabbit vines and purple grass knomes I stumble into work just before the first bell and.... Well, that's how I lost my homework.

On a serious note. I know that in my life when I am caught in a lie I find that I either deny any such association with the subject and then passively aggressively torture myself into further and more devious acts of secrecy. Or, I confess my actions in humility and plumit into a depressive circle of self-pity and shame and deny myself further interaction with human kind altogether, thus dying slowly of lack of hope and love.
Either way, its a grim, grim world.