8.16.2008

sometimes I wonder...

Sometimes I wonder. Not about anything specific. I wonder about life and about my kids and about being a super hero and about what life would be like if the grass and sky were different colors. Today I had a wondering kind of day. I watched Jenna play by herself for a while and I played with her for a while. While I was watching her play and playing with her, I noticed how much her curiosity helped her. She wonders about everything. You can see her curiosity and her interest in the world in her eyes. It is so fun watching her learn and grow. I want to be like that. She is such a little sponge! I want to be a sponge. I want to look at simple things and try to figure out how and why they are the way they are. I want to spend less time being serious and more time being silly. I want to daydream and wonder and grow.

That's all I really have to say for now... all except that I encourage all of you to spend a little more time wondering...

3 comments:

The Artist said...

I wonder too... being a super hero would be great. Just want you to know, I love your daughter. Though I'm not around anywhere close to as much as I'd like I love looking at the pictures of her getting big. I'll take your advice... wondering is fun.

Heidi said...

that's a good idea. i like it. :)

Jess said...

yes...I love wondering...