8.08.2008

recovery...

I'm not very good at sitting, and I'm not very good at asking for help. Therefore, I'm not very good at being sick or recovering from things. I'm really struggling with my will right now. I have too much pride for my own good, and I'm having a hard time admitting it. I really want to do things for my family. I want to be able to clean and get out of the house and take care of Jenna, but right now I am banned from all three things. I'm not allowed to lift or really do much of anything else. My amazing husband (and I say that genuinely without any sarcasm) won't let me do much. He is scared of me "overdoing". It is really sweet, but I feel a little useless right now. However, he is also right. I do tend to overdo. In fact, the minute I start feeling better at all I screw it up by getting too busy. Yesterday I did this by playing with Jenna. I have to admit though, it was a blast! It was great to hang out with my little girl and goof around. But by last night I was feeling it. I need to relax. I need to remind myself that I am only a week post-op. Ugh. This whole recovering thing is more difficult than I expected. I think I need to go yard saling tomorrow. It would at least get me out of the house... even though I'd probably only be allowed to ride around in the car...

No comments: