9.16.2007

avoidance...

Sitting. That's all I'm doing right now. I should be doing the copious amounts of homework I have piled to my left, but instead I am just sitting. The list that keeps streaming through my head like a stock ticker looks something like this:

lit paper, read, history paper, read, lit power point, read, thesis statement, read, lit paper, read, history paper, read, lit power point, read, thesis statement, read, lit paper, read, history paper, read, lit power point, read, thesis statement, read, lit paper, read, history paper, read, lit power point, read, thesis statement, read...

I can't seem to get it to stop, but at the same time, I can't seem to start on reducing it either. I'm in the state of being completely, totally, impossibly overwhelmed. So now what? Do I continue to sit? Do I begin to work? Do I let my mind ease into the realm of the ridiculously psychotic?

Four hours... Four hours is all I have until work. Four hours to decide whether or not to begin the impossible task still sitting to my left. Four hours to try to stop the ticker in my head from becoming audible, turning into a bomb, and exploding the last shreds of my sanity...

No comments: