2.17.2009

my new job...

Yesterday Josh bought me something that I have been wanting for a while: a mini computer. I had been looking at Dell minis because I have always had and liked Dells, but I got the HP instead. The only thing that I really liked better about the Dell was that it came in colors and that seemed like a silly reason to get it instead. Besides, I would have had to order it and then wait for it, and I could get the HP at Costco right away. Also, the HP was just slightly less money and so we could get an external hard drive to go with it and hold all of my files.

My new little toy came with a condition. I must use it to write. I must take it with me everywhere and use it to work on my various writing projects. Thus, I have a new job. Twice a week Josh is going to watch the kids for me when he gets off of work so that I can go to a coffee shop or somewhere else that I can get away from life and work away. I'm so excited! Right now it is looking like Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hopefully on Tuesdays we can find a sitter when Josh gets off of work so that he can come with me and we can have a work date. He can grade, while I write.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Krissy,

I can watch the kiddos on Tuesdays for a couple of hours...until March 9th. I know it's not long, but it might get you started.

Lindsay

Sarah said...

I got an HP from Costco from Jesse for Valentine's Day. Our men.. helping Idaho's economy. I love mine! I hope you like yours. And good like with your writing!

Sarah said...

And I meant that both ways. I like my husband AND my laptop ;)

Jennifer said...

I have a MacBook Air for EXACTLY the same reason. Well, it was also to finish up my last year of uni, but now I use it to write. (I am trying to get 50,000 words by the time I fly out to see everyone, so I can edit it on the way over and back.) :)

The Artist said...

Ah, your husband makes you proud. Now we just have to figure out a way to make you SHARE the writing. :)

Jess said...

Oh! That's great! I'd be happy to watch the kids for you...=)