2.02.2009

a letter to anonymous

To whom it may concern,

I am not better than you. However, recently you would have a hard time convincing my brain of that. I see you. I see the way you live. I see the things you do. There is no possible way I can approve.

Logic tells me that anyone can fall down and scrape their knees. There is no one that is immune to the possibility of utter failure. Small occurrences in ones life can cause somebody to change the direction they were heading. It does not take much for a person to become wounded and turn away from God's plan for them. My life could be where yours is. I have had hurts and failures that could have caused me to run from the grace of God. I see you doing just that. I wish you knew you could not run. He will always catch up with you. God's grace is free and it will hunt you down until you are willing to accept it and let him heal your broken and weary soul.

Conviction has been chasing me. There has been so much judgment in my heart. That judgment has been like a disease filling my head and causing me to sin. It is vital for me to show you grace. However, at this time, I am not sure how to do that... or even if I am able.

Even with the judgment pouring from my head and down into my heart, I want you to know that I feel for you. I hurt for you. I long for you to find your way out of the pit you have fallen into. I want you to know that it is possible, just as it is possible for me to find my way out of the pit of pride I have found myself in. We can both be healed from our diseases. We can both be blessed with God's grace and find ourselves living lives so wonderful that they are completely beyond our imaginations.

I will pray for you. I will also pray for me. I will try my best to keep my prayers for you pure and to keep honest intentions in my heart and head as I lift you up to our Father. I do love you. Please, know that.

With love,
Me

1 comment:

The Artist said...

Krissy... I love you. You are one of my dearest friends. Your heart, though you do your damnedest to keep it hidden a lot, is absolutely amazing. I obviously have no idea who you're talking to here... but whomever it is is lucky to have you praying for them. Lucky to have a place in your heart. God bless, Princess.