1.01.2009

we two have run about the slopes, and picked the daisies fine...

Last night I attended a New Year's Eve party of epic proportions. The beautiful thing was that it was at home, and that I was comfy in my jammies. I refuse to elaborate too far, but I got to spend the evening with amazing people that have great senses of humor and to play games that did not force me to live in embarrassment praying for the time when I could go home and hide in my corner again. It was beautiful, relaxing, comforting, and just what I needed.

Life can be stressful. Again, I refuse to elaborate much farther than that. My kids, my husband, my dog-- these are all sources of stress. However, this is not what I am talking about. What I am talking about is the kind of thing that can cause gut wrenching agony and feelings of distrust and distaste.

Finally, I wish to say that I do not resolve to make resolutions or make resolutions to resolve what must find resolution. It is not my style to try to change the inevitably unchangeable or to live in the disappointment of failure that I have brought upon myself by giving myself impossible goals. I like me and I like my life. That being said, I want to have a good year this year. I had a wonderful year in 2008. Not everything went smoothly, but we all survived and are relatively healthy. I pray for my kids that they will continue to grow and explore the world around them, but also that they will stay safe and that they will learn how to explore and test their boundaries in a way that is pleasing to their parents as well as to God.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2008, and I pray that 2009 will be blessed for you.

No comments: