5.31.2008

argh... you beat me kicker!

What's in a blog title? Well, to this one there is really nothing. I suppose I am watching poker, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I feel the need to vent about life. Why? I don't really know. Life has been pretty good. I really want to complain about something, but I can't think of anything at the moment. I suppose that in order to back up my blog title I could give some sort of poker metaphor now. I have a good hand, flop on the board, yadda, yadda, yadda, etc., etc., etc. And then, "Argh! You beat me kicker!" But, as of yet, my kicker is still holding up. Let's see...

A month ago or so our oven broke. A week ago a wonderful lady from our church called us to tell us that she and her husband got a new oven and that we could have their old one.

Insomnia. On Thursday night I couldn't sleep. I finally fell asleep at six on Friday morning. However, when I think about it, it was also the only time alone I have had in a very long time.

My back and hips have never been so consistently sore. This kid is really doing a number on my spine and pelvis. Josh has been great about massaging out the kinks and helping me hobble around.

We have no jobs for the fall. There is absolutely no promise of any sort of income in the foreseeable future. We've been here before... God has always provided in one way or another and we will get through again.

It's a shame. I have nothing to complain about, but my mood wants to complain. My brain tells me to find something to whine about, but I can't. So, what do I do? I suppose complain about having nothing to complain about. I've never been a very positive person. Josh is always getting on my case about being pessimistic. Lately though, things have been okay. Jenna is well. I am well. Josh is feeling better about life and is also well. We have a house and food and each other. Life is good. Not great, but good. Too good to complain about. Bah.

1 comment:

Mama Lois said...

Isn't it wonderful that when God has everything in His hands that we can always find joy?!